All you need to know about Magento Adobe Commerce 2.4.4
Adobe has finally launched its most awaited update Magento 2.4.4 on April 12, 2022. As expected, it has brought all the necessary improvements, fixes, and new amazing features along with this update.
If you own an online store at Magento or are a developer, get ready to witness some major changes from security enhancements to accessibility enhancements. Being a developer, you will be able to have more control and forget about any sort of navigation errors of the cart and checkout page. Payment pages have been updated with the Pay Later option to attract more potential buyers. Magento is now known as Adobe Commerce.
Now let’s discuss in detail the various updates and improvements that Adobe has brought with this update:
- Session IDs are no longer stored in the database.
- For security reasons, Integration tokens used for API Bearer token authentication have been disabled by default.
- You are required to enter reCAPTCHA before applying coupon codes.
- The frontend of the Adobe Commerce store has HTTPS enabled by default.
- Email variable usage is now restricted in the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- The latest version of Magento now supports Elasticsearch 7.16 and OpenSearch 1.2
- 3 Laminas dependencies have also been removed in order to reduce the number of dependencies.
- The PHPUnit version has been upgraded to 9.5.x in the latest update.
Paypal Payments Enhancements
- The latest update of Adobe Commerce brings the Pay Later option to the shopper’s location.
- You can now seek help for the Venmo Payment option from support.
- The latest version of the platform now provides you with Accurate messaging on the checkout page. It is really helpful while making payments with the Pay Later option.
- The merchants can test the shopping experience of prospective buyers by adding the shopper’s country to sandbox testing.
- B2B users can now use GraphQL to perform negotiable quotes and all related tasks by updating to the latest Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- Enhanced GraphQL cart operations result in reduced response time by calling the collectQuoteTotals() method once.
- Storefront-related admin configuration settings have been added to GraphQL in the latest version.
- Merchants or developers can now add alternate text for images, banners, and sliders that ultimately enhances content accessibility.
- Your store becomes more accessible with the introduction of major updates such as tooltip links with text for inputs, unique text for edit buttons, and textual alternatives for icon images.
- Performance enhancement of the screen reader tools in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
- In the latest version of Magento 2.4.4, all the Vendor-Bundled extensions have been removed except Braintree.
- Alternatively, you can use any of the following official vendor-bundled extensions which are mentioned below:
- Amazon Pay
Adobe has really taken into consideration the major problems faced by the merchants & developers and tried to fix these problems. Simultaneously, it also provided them with security updates so that nobody compromises with a seamless experience. We hope this will help you understand major changes and improvements in Magento 4.2.2 platform.
It’s Anshu Mallik, a productive content creator at Magepoint, India-based well-established Magento Adbode Commerce development company that lets you achieve your dream to outshine your ecommerce store with 8+ years of experience. For receiving the latest updates, you must follow our LinkedIn page and stay connected with our website.