Either you want to save money or your budget is low, this article will give you some useful ideas to have a great Candy Wedding Buffet without spending much. There are unlimited creativeness… search through your house or relative house or your bride or broom house for the vase, bowls, flower pots, metal tubs, urns that can be used as containers.
You can also buy or rent jars, scoops and decorative accessories from brides who have already completed their weddings in the thrift stores, else you may search through the local wedding boards, craigslist to contact them. Renting might be cheap since you only need to use them once. No budget on candies? You may make use of some colored fruit as fillers to replace some candies. Crowded the table with paper lanterns, flowers and candles.
If you only can buy a small qty of candies, try to use smaller and medium-size containers, instead of big containers, so that you can fill more of them and make the table look fuller.
If you want to learn how to make homemade candies with the easiest steps available, Please Click Here!
Always do bulk purchases, try to buy all the candies from one supplier, if they can offer you the best price after you compare from the quotations from at least 5 different suppliers.
For same amount of money, you can buy more for cheaper candies, but buy less for expensive candies. So one strategy to reduce cost is to fill the small container with expensive candies, but fill the bigger container with cheaper candies.
Candies don’t have enough different colors? Don’t worry, try to add in some containers with different color, this totally wipes off the initial concept of candies. But who care? This is your wedding, you have the right to do it uniquely and creatively. You see, how really flexible it is!
Wrapped candies can be grabbed with hand, so you might leave them without scoops if you don’t have enough scoops.
Generally, candy wedding buffet is more emphasis on color coordination, instead of the price tag or quality of the candies. So plan the theme well is the important key. Don’t let the theme look cheap scale with less candies, upgrade it with other helpers, such as:
Also read: Wedding Planners in Jaipur
- Table runners: you can use a big white table as the basic, then mix it with some small different color, pattern or texture table runners. This won’t cost much as they are rentable, furthermore you can make it yourself. This looks high class as those from the hotel.
- Lighting: you can place small or mini lamp on table to create the lighting effects that the candle might not able to do so. But be carefully with the wiring issues.
- Picture: you can put the framed photo of your weddings, your family, your parents, grandparents, engagement, dating times, school age or your baby face. Besides, other choices may be favorite artist, cartoons, houses, nice scene and whatever can be taken in photo! This make interesting, have fun and also sometimes very touching. You may add wordings sticker to the photo, e.g. our first date… 😎
- Candles: Candles are good to create the peaceful atmosphere, might improve the guest appetite and chase the mosquitoes or flies away (if the candy wedding buffet is in the forest).
- Wedding cake: Either a real homemade one or a fake one for decoration purposes.
- Chocolate fountain: The device can be borrowed else just serve chocolate in a small bowl. Normally guests can enjoy it with strawberry, or any other snacks.
- Flowers and Rose Flower Petals: you can request from your neighbors or friends. Put flowers in jars, sprinkle the rose petals or individual flower over the empty space of the table. This looks lovely and romantic.
If you want to create your own stunning wedding flower bouquets and arrangements, please click here
Cookies: some of the guests might need to eat cookies at the same time as they might feel that the candies are too sweet for them. You can make the cookies yourself.
Fruit and vege: There are a lot of fruits with different colors, wisely select to suit your theme.
- A green color example is green apples, kiwifruit, green grape, green peas, limes, honeydew, avocados, broccoflower, brussels sprouts, celery, green cabbage, cucumbers, leeks, lettuce, peas, spinach.
- A red example is strawberries, watermelon, red apple, cherries, tomatoes, red onions, beets, radish, raspberries, cranberries, pomegranates, red grape.
- Yellow/Orange example is orange, carrot, banana, papaya, corn, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, pineapple, apricots, lemons, mangoes, peaches, persimmons.
- Purple/Blue/Black example is purple carrots, purple cabbage, eggplant, plums, blueberries, blackberries,black currants.
- A white example is garlic, mushroom, cauliflower, potatoes, pear, onion.
- You may need to cook some items before displaying them (if they are for eat), e.g. carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, eggplant etc.