The MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree is commonly considered one of the most prestigious and sought after degree in the world. It is a post-graduate degree that is awarded to the student who has mastered in study of business. MBA programs study the application of business and management principles. This type of study equips a student with knowledge that can be applied to a variety of real-world business situation. Students applying to MBA programs are required to have earned a bachelor’s degree, though not necessarily in a business field.
After completing a bachelor degree a student can apply for an MBA. The minimum eligibility criterion for admission is at least a 3-year bachelor’s degree with at least 50 per cent marks or equivalent (45 per cent for SC/ST or persons with disability (PWD) category, of any of the Universities or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling.
The MBA course in India fascinates many aspirants, so the number of Institutes offering Masters degree and postgraduate diploma in business administration and related areas has also swelled. The admission procedures of these institutes also differ. There are several kinds of entrance tests to get enrol in MBA conduct by different institutes of India. This institute held the test according to the government education policies. A description of these various tests is as follows:-
CAT (Common Admission Test)
Common Admission Test is the master of all MBA entrance examination, is conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management to enrol a student for postgraduate and fellow programs. CAT is a computer-based test, conducted in multiple cities. A candidate can select his / her test date and slot as per choice and availability. Several other top management institutes all over India also use valid CAT score for admission. CAT is held in the month of November.
Exam Pattern of CAT
The exam pattern of CAT is divided into 3 categories:-
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension which contains 34 questions.
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning which contains 32 questions.
- Quantitative Ability which contains 34 questions.
The time duration to complete each section is 60 minutes and the total duration of the test is 180 minutes/hours.
The application for CAT exams begin form 8th August and last date of registration is 22nd September. After registration student must have to take his exam on 4th December. The dates of registration, end of registration and exam is fluctuated and can change year by year.
Top Colleges under CAT
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management Research – Mumbai
- IMT – Ghaziabad
- NITIE K. J. Somaiya Institute Of Management Studies And Research – Mumbai
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS) – Delhi
- Institute of Strategic Marketing and Communication (MICA)– Ahmedabad
- Management Development Institute (MDI) – Gurgaon
- Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management (SJMSOMIIT) – Bombay
- Vinod Gupta School of Management (VGSOM IIT) –Kharagpur
- Department of Management Studies (NIT Trichy)
- Department of Management StudiesIIT – Delhi
- T.A. PaiManagement Institute (TAPMI) – Manipal
- International Management Institute (IMI) – Delhi
XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test)
The Xavier Aptitude Test is an all-India test conducted by Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) as an entrance exam for admission to the postgraduate programs in management courses of several management institutes all over India. XAT is held in every month of January. The Institutes valid XAT score for admission XLRI (Jamshedpur), Symbiosis Institute of Business Management(SIBM) Pune, Bharthidasan Institute of Management (BIM), Tiruchirappalli(TN), Goa Institute of Management (GIM), Goa.
Exam Pattern of XAT
The exam pattern of XAT is divided into two parts: Part I and Part II. Part I has three section A, B and C with 26, 23 and 29 questions respectively, i.e. a total of 78 question. The three-section of Part I are followed by part II that has 25 questions on general knowledge followed by an essay. The sections of Part I of the XAT test is as follows:-
- Verbal and Logical Ability (26 question)
- Decision Making (23 questions)
- Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation (29 questions)
The time duration to complete all the section of Part I is 170 minutes and the time duration to complete Part II which includes Essay and general awareness is 35 minutes. Thus the total duration of the XAT exam is 3.25 hours.
The application for XAT exams begin form 17th August and last date of registration is 11th December. After registration student must have to take his exam on 3rdJanuary.The dates of registration, end of registration and exam is fluctuated and can change year by year.
Top Colleges under XAT
- Xavier Institute of Management – Jamshedpur (XLRI)
- S.P.Jain Institute of Management and Research – Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME)
- Goa Institute of Management – Goa (GIM)
MAT(Management Aptitude Test)
Management aptitude test is an entrance test of admission into MBA programs in various top Business Schools and other institutions across India. MAT is conducted by AIMA (All India Management Association) New Delhi. MAT is a paper-based as well as computer-based test. A candidate can take any one of the two testing formats. While the paper-based test is conducted only one day, the computer-based test is conducted in the week following it over a window of approximately a week.
Exam Pattern of MAT
MAT entrance test is an objective type written exam of two and half hour duration. Test consists of 200 questions divided into four sections each section consist of 40 question in following areas:
- Language Comprehension
- Mathematical Skills
- Data Analysis and Sufficiency
- Intelligence and Critical Reasoning
- Indian and Global Environment
Management Aptitude Test or MAT as it popularly knows is conducted 4 times (in February, May, September & December) by the centre for Management service (CMS) a division of all India management association (AIMA).
Top Colleges under MAT
- Galgotias Business School (Greater Noida)
- NIILM Centre for Management Studies (New Delhi)
- MITCON Institute of Management (Pune)
- Alliance Business Academy (Bangalore)
- Christ University (Bangalore)
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies (Delhi)
- Kohinoor Business School (Khandala)
- Som-Lalit Institute of Management Studies (Ahmedabad)
- Bharatidasan University (Tiruchirapalli)
- ITM (Navi Mumbai)